Earthtime is an award-winning charity, accredited by the Forest School Association, connecting children and young people with the natural environment; using creative and woodland based activities to improve self-esteem, health and well-being.
We are so pleased to share some comments from the Inspectors Observations from our recent Care Inspectorate inspection at our Forest School Nursery:
The ethos of the Forest School incorporated the right for children to access risk in natural woodland environment. We saw that children were able to instigate and test helping them to develop the skills to self regulate and build confidence.
Staff were friendly, respectful and welcoming towards the children, creating an environment where children were welcomed, happy and assured. Staff encouraged children to solve a problem and to work things out forthemselves with a view to building confidence and self esteem.
The sensitive and unassuminginteractions of well meaning and motivated staff, helped to make a difference to childrens progression and development. Staff were motivated and responded with enthusiasm to the children; they had got to know the individual needs of the children well.
Our children said:
- “water is running down the slope and gravity keeps it there”
- “we made a seesaw, look its a tree trunk and bark from the tree, I can balance on it and not fall over”
Our parents said:
- “the service seems to go from strength to strength and communication keeps improving”
- “I am really happy, staff are approachable and always have time to listen and talk”
- “my child has developed wonderful relationships with their peers and nursery staff, they are enthusiastic and wonderful”
- “Earthtime has been amazing opportunity for my child, I am pleased with how they are developing and the affinity to nature and the outdoors”